Saturday, January 06, 2007

Tim's Birthday Bash...

Birthday decorations from shops in Concourse... ;)
The goodie bags and the prizes for the game... all for the young and the young-at-heart...

Gastronomical feast from Elsie's Kitchen... I LOVE their food... we used them for our wedding tea party at home too...

Here's Tim exploring his very first birthday gift at the party... it's from my brother-in-law, Peter... it's a very interesting "Old Macdonald Had a Farm" touch-listen and learn cloth book...

Manage to catch a quick shot of Tim cutting the cake... funny thing was Tim was staring at me the whole time when the birthday song was sung... I'll never forget the look on his face...he looked completely baffled and was at the verge of bursting to tears... because the kids were singing the birthday song too zealously that I guess, it kinda scare him... teehehe...
(Super RICH, Super SINFUL, Chocolate Praline cake was from Sheraton Towers)

All the beautiful and wonderful gifts from family and friends... and there were many ang baos too (which is not captured in this shot).

Here's Tim...spoilt of choices in the lot of birthday gifts...

I just realized we are not very experienced in holding birthday bash... cos all the pix turn out... ermm... not as ideal as we've wanted it to be... cos most of the time we were too busy entertaining the guests and have forgotten to let Tim do his round of 'tour' (ie. to take pix with all the distinguish guests)... and so all the pix turned out... it's either on Tim alone or just ourselves and the guests individually... hmmm... so not very many pix to remember of that day as all the important moments (eg. the singing of birthday song, the blowing of candle...etc) were not captured at all...SIGH.... silly me!

Oh well... there won't be another such birthday bash for Tim for the next few years (or at least till he has a bit more of his own friends) before I'll consider holding another birthday bash... it's actually quite stressful to organize such birthday parties...especially when all the food are ordered and the guests (especially those whom I deemed as very good friends SIGGHHHHH) start dropping out of the invite list last minute voluntarily...some simply went MIA...*shrug*

But KUDOS to all those who turned up in spite of the distance... huge THANK YOU to all of you who took the trouble to make it to witness Tim's big milestone! ;)

6 comments:

Wenzel 宛仟 said...

Wow, the cake makes me wanna drool leh....Yum yum....Tim must have enjoyed his day so much.

un wori abt not capturing enuf photos for remembrance sake, I also make a poor planner without taking a good important shot of wenzel cutting cake. Though didn't capture down, I'm sure all these moments will be kept in ur heart dearly and u dun even need to refer to a computer. :)

Mama Bliss said...

hehehe...thanks Irene... ya... we all have our first times right... and yes you are right to point out that the treasured moments will be imprinted in our hearts and minds for the rest of our lives... ;)

the feedback on the cake was good, very rich... alas I can't have a taste of it at all... cos of my diabetic condition, but judging from there's no left over of the 3kg cake, I could safely bet that it was definitely good... hehehe

Mom to Angels said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Tim!

I remember those times I organized for my 2 boys ... it was v tiring but certainly worthwhile to mark their little milestones!

Oh, I can share your sentiments about those "good friends", at least you know now! Hey, you still have the sincere ones who came!

kelly said...

We've never organized a birthday party for Qianyi...we preferred to celebrate it as a small family. She's turning 3 next month. We decided to let her have a birthday celebration in school this year. Guess she'll be very happy celebrating it with her teachers and little friends.

Wokking Mum said...

Look at all the presents Tim got! You will need a room to keep all those very soon!

Mama Bliss said...

hi mom to angels, yeah! I'm counting my blessings for those family and friends who were supportive and turned up at the birthday party... ;)

hello Kelly, yeah! I told myself that from next year onwards, we'll just do simple, cosy affair at home... with all our loved ones...

hihi Elaine, the pressies certainly need a room to keep hehehehe ;P