Monday, January 29, 2007

Kiasu Mama

I am but a kiasu mama... some days back I was going through the various books I've bought of late... they all have to do with parenting... interesting how my passion for books have changed from loads of self-help books, to relationship books, to Christian literature, to how to find the right partner books, to now parenting and Montessori/pre-school educational related books... it all reflects the phase of life I was then in and now am in... one thing was consistent though, I don't read much of novels... it's always gotta be something practical, something that is applicable... something that allows me to learn...

Alrighty, I digressed again... it was parenting books I wanted to talk about... of all the parenting books I realised one common thing... it is us the parents who makes a difference in how our children behave... from Maria Montessori to Super Nanny Jo Frost to Dr Sal Severe... one thing stood out very glaringly common... how the parents behave will determine how our children will behave... so we parents... better behave ourselves... hiaks!~ ;)
The journey in parenthood is a long term process... till the day that we leave this world, we are still parents... therefore, the learning will be endless... it's not easy, but it's definitely going to be fun! I'm not 100% prepared, but I'm willing to learn...

4 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

I got the Discipline without shouting and spanking but have not finished it yet. Bought it about a year ago :(

Mama Bliss said...

Don't worry dear... I haven't finished all of those books I've bought too...and I just keep buying them... think I'm MAD... ;)

fannie said...

i think that is what Mommies do :p
I also buy and buy before I even finish reading those that were collecting dust.

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Fannie... I'm guilty of that too...teehehehe and I'm still buying...oops!