Saturday, January 06, 2007

How's the Little One Doing?


I'm almost into my 8th week of pregnancy now... though the initial stage was a bit unstable (been experiencing menstral-like cramps), after the 3 rounds of jab, the pain has finally subsided... but Dr Lui wanted me to continue the jab for another 3 rounds due to my diabetes condition... he said the chances of miscarriage is higher for women with diabetes... so I'll just have to heed his advice and take another 3 rounds of jab...OUCH!!! (to my pocket)...

Nonetheless, the little one is doing fine, I saw the baby's heartbeat today... phew... and so far so good... as I don't feel as sick (morning sickness was bearable, no vomitting) this time as I was expecting Tim... and definitely more energetic and feel less 'ugly' this time too... teehehe... albeit very exhausted when it comes to evening time... oh oh... and I've this HUGE craving for anything HOT, SPICY & SOUR... wah the thought of it is making me salivate now as I'm typing... hiaks!~ ;P

What were the sinful food I've eaten thus far?
- Laksa (spicy and hot)
- Tom Yum Soup (spicy, hot & sour)
- Beef Noodle Soup with lots and lots of lime in the soup (hot & sour)
- Chinese Spicy Sour Soup (spicy, hot & sour)
- Curry Chicken at Marina South (spicy and hot)
- Sizzling Hotplate Steak (not spicy not sour, but hot)
- Minced Pork Noodles with lots and lots of vinegar + chilli padi (spicy, hot & sour)

Just like when I was expecting Tim, I LOVE BEEF!!! can't have enough of it... don't know why...

Ok I'll better quit talking about food now, cos I can't wait till dinner time already... teehehe...

11 comments:

Vyvy said...

Dr Lui? My gynae was also Dr Lui. Is your Dr Lui's clinic at Orchard towers?

Mama Bliss said...

hihi Ivy, Dr Lui Pao Shun, is the current gynae I'm visiting... his clinic is at Orchard Plaza... not sure if that's the one you visit too... ;)

Vyvy said...

yah man!!!!!!!! it's the same one!!! apologies i got the venue wrong. it's at orchard plaza.

The naggy old gynae :x but I think he is a good and experienced doctor whereas my sister in law aka Fannie finds him too naggy.

What a great coincidence! What's your opinion on him?

Mama Bliss said...

yes yes!!! totally agree that he is long-winded...but hubby and I find that he is very experienced and has the interest to explain things in detail to us... therefore decided to just stick to him...cos we want an attentive Dr not one that chase you off bec he has a long list of patients to see...;)

My sis-in-law thinks that he's too lor soh too hahaha...

MommytoMeia said...

Hhihihi wow after reading this i feel like having suan la tang!!! hahahah i'm 9wks preggie.

IMMomsDaughter said...

8th week already, that's really fast. Glad to see you are eating well. Take care and keep us posted.

Wokking Mum said...

Feel less 'ugly' .... no 'big nose'? Looks like it's going to be a girl wor. hehehe!

Mama Bliss said...

Hi mommytomeia...CONGRATS! we are almost at the same phase of our pregnancy then... teehehehe... i just had tom yum steamboat yesterday my goodness, it was definitely potent! teehehe...

Hello immomsdaughter, yeah! I can't believe it myself too... hehe it's almost one month ago I discovered I was preggie... yeah! my appetite is ferocious...*burp*...oops

*smile* Elaine, I am hoping this will be a girl... ;)

MommytoMeia said...

I finally satisfied my craving last night by having suan la tang!!! YUMMY!!!!

fannie said...

hi, came by thru vyvy's link.

Dr Lui is naggy, but really patient...what I dun like is he's not so pro breastfeeding. Congrats on ur 2nd bb! :)

Mama Bliss said...

hi hi Fannie, thanks so much for dropping by... yeah Dr Lui is sure cheong hei... very fearful to visit him during lunch time...cos he could rattle non-stop... other than that he is quite an experienced Dr that's why we chose to stick to him... ;)