Friday, October 13, 2006

1 Terminally Ill, 2 Funerals, and a Wedding...

I'd say this is a paradox, much as I'm doing this blog entry with grief yet I know I need not weep like there's no hope ...

Late last week, we've learnt that my father-in-law has contracted liver & prostate cancer and the Dr said that he has another 6mths to go... he's 78 this year... then on Wednesday, a church friend's father just passed away in his sleep...and today, I received the news of the demise of my 90-yr-old, maternal grandma...*take a deep breath*... sigh...

A series of 'bad' news that's beyond anybody's control is hard to swallow...

Though I'm heavy hearted to hear of the chain of 'bad' news because of the pain & death that is facing people who are close to me... yet, I'm comforted by what the apostle Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 4 - we must rely on 3 certainties of death.

1) The souls of the departed believers are with the Lord
2) Jesus will come for every believer
3) There will be joyous reunion

"Sunset in one land is sunrise in another", indeed, as there's a new beginning on the other spectrum on life... hubby's nephew is tying the knot tomorrow... and therein lies new hope, new beginning and new life...

That's life, I suppose... every story's ending is another story's beginning... it's a cycle...as always...

No comments: