Monday, September 11, 2006

Melancholy...

I haven’t felt melancholy for a while (since my post natal blues) and it’s certainly strange that I’m feeling this way today… I can’t put a finger to it yet (perhaps I will soon…or maybe I wouldn’t)…maybe ‘twas the 3 cold and rainy days I’ve experienced during my training in KL away from my loved ones…or it’s perhaps all the love songs that I hear on my way to the airport from KL on Saturday is taking a toll on me…or maybe it’s the desire to be a stay-home-mum yet I can’t at this time? *shrug* geez I really don’t know…there's just too many possibilities...

I’ve been hearing and witnessing the breaking down of friends’ relationships and it’s as if I could feel their pain, emptiness and struggles… and that just triggered some bad memories from the past…and thereby explains the blues I’m facing now?

Is it so difficult to make things work out in a relationship? Why do people enter into a relationship all for the wrong reasons? What makes a good relationship habit? How do we become the right person ourselves? Why do people always blame their partner when things turn awry in a relationship? Why can’t people learn to love? What is love? Why does it seem elusive, is it that difficult at all? Do they even know how to love? Why have couples stopped communicating altogether? Is it that difficult to express our needs and expectations?

So many questions… with subjective answers… a man’s meat is another man’s poison? I don’t know, but my simple rule of thumb is, putting the other person’s needs above my own. While I’m still struggling with my own weaknesses, I’m using that as a constant reminder to keep my focus on track. I feel, being patient with each other’s shortcoming, understanding each others’ struggles and helping/encouraging each other to grow as we go along in the relationship and most importantly, communicate… are some of the basic elements that make a good relationship.

I guess in a fast food world that we are currently in, many of us just want instant solutions to all our problems… which, sadly, do not occur to relationships…for relationships takes time to build up… also, we’ve been brought up in a world of I-ME-MYSELF first…that resulted a lot of broken relationships… sigh…

Perhaps we’ll have better relationships…and fewer heart breaks…
If only we learn to be a right partner ourselves…
If only we know what it takes to love…
If only we could be patient with each other…
If only we could put our priorities right…
If only we truly know what we really want…

I don’t know, these are just my thoughts and maunder when I’m in the blues…


Blue...blue...blue...I'm seeing blue...
Blue in my soul, blue in my mind and blue in my heart...
Art of melancholy is blue...

(me, trying to be poetic in a rather pathetic way... )

2 comments:

Wenzel 宛仟 said...

Hey, dun be too pessimistic about relationships. I believe everything has it's destiny and when comes to managing this complex thing called R.E.L.A.T.I.O.N.S.H.I.P., it really takes two hands to clap. One person can't really do much to maintain it unless the other person commits into it as well. It's reciprocal lah I think!!!

Always look at the bright side and dun be affected by the sad things or stories u heard. Treat the bad things as a reminder to urself and make sure we dun follow their footsteps.

Tmr will be a better day!!!! Be happy n cheerful :)

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Irene...thanks for your encouragement...indeed... I need to be more positive... yah most of us have to learn it the difficult way to find our way in making ourselves a better partner thereby making a better relationship... ;)

No worries, I'll be alright... sometimes I just get affected emotionally...