Sunday, July 23, 2006

I am a Montessori Mama...


Finally have gotten it settled and confirmed... after so much of deliberation... have finally decided to take up the Diploma in Montessori Methods of Education.

I'm quite convicted that this is the right thing to do...for the sake of Timothy and for the sake of being able to create a positive impact on others' lives... I feel that this course will do me more good than harm... so wish me luck in my quest in obtaining the skills and knowledge...

Hope to be able to help others with what I've learnt eventually...

This is the course outline -
DMT 101 : Montessori Principle & Philosophy
DMT 102 : Child Development and Child Psychology
DMT 103 : Curriculum Planning
DMT 104 : Practical Life Exercises
DMT 105 : Sensorial Training
DMT 106 : Writing, Phonics & Language
DMT 107 : Mathematics
DMT 108 : Cultural Subjects - Geography, History, Botany, Zoology

There will also be a 11-day practical workshop on how to use Montessori's educational materials. Trust this will be fun...

I'm currently reading this book on Montessori Methods on children age 0-3yrs, I'm completely fascinated! Will share more when I'm done with the book!

8 comments:

TenShiAngels said...

Looking forward to your blog on this. Hee~!

Mama Bliss said...

:) thank you Elaine!

Elaine said...

Hi Pauline. Good choice!!! Theo and now Tessa attends the Montessori kinder here in Melbourne.

klllim5 said...

hey! didn't know u are interested in this.

i'm actually also looking at some courses,...Montessori is one of my consideration too.

can you let me know more about the diploma u sign up, the course structure, cost, duration, location etc?

email me kllim5@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!


the one i'm looking at is
Graduate diploma in early childhood and education...

B@bYh|r0Sh| said...

i nearly took up that course as well... But, too EX so i gave upwishing to take up. Have un, i am sure you r going to enjoy it.

Mama Bliss said...

Elaine - yeah, I simply love Montessori's methods of education it makes so much sense and it's really interesting...oh good for Theo & Tessa...I shall learn more from you when I'm in Melbourne next week... ;)

Jo - yah, will email you some info that I have on this course. Early childhood education is good! *thumbs up*

Irene - I'll share more with you on what I'll be learning along the way yah... ;) in fact, just by reading the Montessori books I've discovered a lot...so if you like you might want to get the book as well...

crazymommy said...

Oh wow... this course look interesting. Is this an online course? May I know how much is it if you don't mind sharing.(you can email me if it is confidential... crazy[dot]sahm[at]gmail[dot]com). Thanks!

Mama Bliss said...

hey crazymommy... it's no secret at all... MMI do offer external course (ie. self-study) however, it's a requirement to go for an 11-day workshop where they will train on how to use the Montessori materials... the course fee I'm paying is approx S$3,600. check out their website at http://www.modern-montessori.com/