Monday, April 10, 2006

DISCONTENTMENT

I very often complain about so many things in life...My heart was deeply burdened when a dear friend told me today that she just lost her job... and I really feel very bad that this has to happen to her, while I'm here being so discontented with so many things in my life...sigh...

Lets take some time to be grateful to the things we already have been blessed with...



Thank You GOD for:

This sink of dirty dishes; we have plenty of food to eat.
This pile of dirty, stinky laundry; we have plenty of nice clothes to wear.
Those unmade beds; they were so warm and comfortable last night. I know
that many have no bed.

This bathroom, complete with all the splattered mess, soggy, grimy towels
and dirty lavatory; they are so convenient.

This finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly; it has
served us faithfully for many years. It is full of cold drinks and enough
leftovers for two or three meals.

This oven that absolutely must be cleaned today; it has baked so many
things over the years.

The presence of all these chores awaiting me says You have richly blessed
my family. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.

Also:

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings, I can hear.
There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as
possible, I can see. Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, I have the strength to
rise. There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, Toast
is burned and tempers are short, my children are so loud, thank you for my
family. There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines
and the menu is at times not balanced, Thank you, Lord, for the food we
have. There are many who are hungry .

Even though my job is often monotonous, thank you for the opportunity to
work. There are many who have no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my
circumstances were not so modest, thank you, GOD, for my life. THANK YOU
!!!!

In ALL things, praise Him

Have a happy and peaceful week with your loved ones.

1 comment:

Mommy Loli said...

Many times we are "blind" to the beautiful things around us. Our lives are so abound by God's blessings, yet we took them for granted.

This is a good reminder for us to count our blessings!