Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Birds & The Bees

Sex education? Have you ever wonder how you should bring the topic of the birds and the bees to your little ones? Well, I have and I've been wondering how to approach the matter as natural and as normal as possible... hehehe...during the 'Parenting With Confidence' course, we were told to bring sex education to our kids knowledge before they turn 6yrs old, because as the kids get older, it'll be more awkward to broach the matter.

Well, today, I've finally found the 'CURE'...yaay!!! A friend brought me to a children's bookstore at Bras Basah complex today and I was immediately glued to this book that says "Who am I? Where did I come from?"...without second thoughts I grabbed the book and paid for it...it's a great book with pop-ups and easy to understand pictorial explanation on the 'Birds & the Bees'... and it cost only S$4.20!!! (yeah, I couldn't believe it when the cashier told me the price!!!). If you have the same problem on this matter as I do, worry no-more! tee hehehe

Here's how the book look like -

2 comments:

Mommy Loli said...

This book looks interesting. With all the pics, it makes the job of answering to that awkward question much easier. :)

Did the book starts off with the egg and the sperm meeting each other?

Mama Bliss said...

hello claire... yeah this bk is really fantastic...the bk started with the word SEX..and introduced the difference between a girl and a boy is what's underneath their clothes... so interesting... then it went on to say that when the boy & girl grow up at some point they will fall in love and get married...then yada yada yada...