Monday, February 27, 2006

You Are The Sunshine of My Eyes


12When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12

I was deeply touched by God's love for me... yesterday during church service, Pastor Wendy Watson, talked about God's love for us... and whoever accepted God's love and follow Jesus will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life...

Indeed, since I've taken the steps to follow Jesus, life has never been the same again. I was able to see clearer that some of my old ways were wrong and because of the light of life, I was able to differentiate the wrong from the right...so as to make more discerning choices pertaining to life in general...

During the closing of the sermon, Pastor Wendy, shared with us a secular song. What really moved me to tears were the words of the song... I could hear God speaking to me... telling me that...

I am the sunshine of His life and the apple of His eye... He's loved me for a million years... but if I turn away from Him it would deeply grief Him... He's known of my loneliness and has came to my rescue...and I didn't know He has so much love in Him until I've accepted Him into my life...

You are the sunshine of my life
That's why I'll always be around
You are the apple of my eye
Forever you'll stay (be) in my heart

I know that this is the beginning
Though I loved you for one million years
But if I thought our love was ending
I'd find myself drowning in my own tears

You must have known that I was lonely
Because you came to my rescue
And though I know that this is heaven
How could so much love be inside of you

* Red text denotes - God speaking to me
*Purple text denotes - my response to God's love

No comments: