Sunday, January 15, 2006

THE STORK HAS ARRIVED...

It was 9.15pm, 1st Jan 2006, before we bid the party group good-bye I said to them that I wish my baby would pop asap...as I really cannot wait a minute longer...

At 11.30pm, contractions started... whao... looks like Timothy has heard what his mother wished for... (we ought to be careful of what we wish for sometimes... hee)...

At 12mn, I called my gynae, he ordered an immediate c-section operation as he felt that I was ready (36.5wks gestation) to have my baby delivered... hence, we picked up my bag and headed for Mt Alvernia hospital...and I thought...wow, this is it, it's finally happening!

In less than 10 minutes of arrival at the hospital, I was strapped onto the CTG machine once again... the intensity of the contractions just grew stronger and stronger by the minute... the nurses were bz scurrying around making prep work for my operation...














By about 1am or so, I was wheeled into the extremely cold and bright operation theatre... feeling completely naked and vulnerable... my mind was in a complete blank and I really do not know what to expect next... there were several nurses around and in came Dr YC Lim, who administered the epidural into my spine... he was very detailed in explaining to me what will happened in the next few minutes... ooh... my heart almost leapt out of my mouth... but the effects of the epidural was quicker than the thoughts that's running in my mind... my two legs were completely numb and lifeless...

At approximately 1.40am, came my gyane, Dr KP Teo... and it was not long after I was in a complete daze and everything seemed to happen in a frenzy... while I was fully awake, fully aware of what's happening around me, I couldn't see a thing during the operation as the screen has blocked my view of what's being performed on me...

I was shivering very hard non-stop (the side effects of the epidural), I felt completely out of control...while I was at it, at approximately 2.30am, I heard an extremely loud cry... it's the cry of Timothy...gosh! He sure can cry... the entire op theatre was filled with his cries... and I know, the stork has finally arrived!


That's my baby! The first hour after he was born...

1 comment:

Y Y said...

Yo sis ... so how's life as a mum now? Whoa ... "a mum" ... did that sound a bit old ... hahaha ;P

Anyway, how's Timothy? Is he ready for visitors?

Cheers!!

From your one & only bro,
Y Y