Thursday, December 15, 2005

THORN IN THE FLESH


The ride of becoming a mother was far from smooth thus far... never have I imagined the journey would be this rough... from developing gestation diabetes (with the need to take insulin jabs twice a day & checking my blood sugar count regularly)... to the bad morning sickness in the first trimester... to the countless migraine headaches in the second trimester... to the adjustments to body weight gain and grappling with the need to catch my breath when I brisk walk ...to the current Braxton Hicks contractions... I think it's really more than I've bargained for with my desire of becoming a mother...

The past 2 weeks have been challenging as I try to cope with a possible premature labour... fighting to keep my baby within me for a while more... and just two days ago was admitted into the hospital for further observations as the contractions came back all over again... and was once again ordered with more bedrest till my baby is ready to be delivered...

I asked the Lord why is my journey during this time of pregnancy so tough... and this was what He said to me...

2 Corinthians 12:7-9
7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

In the midst of all these challenges, I know God is the only one I can depend on and should depend on to see me through... for everything happens for a reason and His plans are always made perfect in us... I was reminded that when I am weak, His grace and mercies will make me strong... and I'm glad I've survived it all for the past 8 months...


No comments: