Saturday, October 29, 2005

My Inspiration...

Before Steven and I got married, very often we'll bring up the topic of having children... we will one day swing from 'want to have' to 'don't want to have'... then back to want to have and then don't want to have... (yes, we were that confused.... ) Then finally one day, we've kind of decided we'll not have any kids... (so we thought...)

Picture our Pastor's questioning face when we had our pre-marriage interview with him... we were asked a series of questions (to ensure that we are serious and have the similar point of view to the many decisions in our marriage)... when asked about how many children we plan to have... Steven's answer was a direct 'ZERO'.... hee... and mine was... 'errmm maybe 1'....

You see, I wasn't sure if I really do not want to have children at all... because I was very inspired by friends who have children... in fact many of my female friends are happily married with children... and some are still hoping to have more... I cannot fathom the joy of having children but looking at how fulfilled and happy they are about their kids, gave me the strong desire to want to have a child of my own as well...

Just look at them... won't you be inspired too? Can't really blame me for wanting to change my mind right... heh heh...




























I've been surrounded by too many friends who have children and who simply adore their kids to resist wanting to have one of my own... I felt this strong desire to become a mother myself... but Steven wasn't in favour of the idea... so I brought this desire to our Lord and ask Him to take this desire away from me if it's not His idea for me to have a child...

So what do we know?... not long after our wedding... I discovered I was expecting... *grin*... God does have a sense of humour doesn't He?

I thank God for His blessing of a child and I also thank God for changing Steven's point of view about having kids...he is now as excited as I am... ;) oooh I am in complete bliss!

No comments: